Friday, July 31, 2009

It Ends Tonight

My Life: Today, as usual, I went to SAT class. I have made semi-friends there, well at least people who will talk to me, and it is more pleasurable than it was last week. Except for math class, I feel like I am growing more and more stupider from just being there. I then came home and pretended to do APUSH for a little while. Then I got to go to soccer practice, where my coach brought us cucumbers and dried plums. My coach likes to bring us vegetables as motivation, it actually works. We like to run relays with the cucumbers as batons, and the plums are just for water breaks. I then came home and did APUSH and finished :)

My Thoughts: Every morning I go to Walnut Creek to SAT class and I spend a majority of the time looking at the cars. I realized something. Cars are like clothes, they're an expression of what type of person we are. For example, someone who drives a red ferarri is probably different from someone who drives a beige honda civic. Cars can show us how much money you're willing to spend on a car, which translates to what kinds of things are important in your life. Like, if you drive a volvo, which is a very dependable car, you probably are very logical and put dependability above looks and flashy gadgets. A car can also tell you what kinds of places you go, and who you're surrounded with. The guy with the red ferarri, probably drives that car when he goes out, maybe he has a girlfriend, but he probably lives alone. The owner of a beat up white mini-van with one of those "mommy-daddy-sister-brother-dog" stickers probably is a parent, who uses the car to lug their kids around everywhere. One of the two parents is probably a stay-at-home parent. The color also matters. If you have a white car, it means that you like to look neat and clean, but it requires a lot of effort. (washing that white car all the time). If you have a flashy colored car, you just want people to look at your car. You want people to think "hey that guy has a cool car". If you have a color such as beige or grey, your car is just for traveling in and it can get a little dirty once in a while. Now silver is a different story. Silver car owners like having their car clean, and are willing to work hard to keep it clean, but don't always have the time to do it. This is just my philosophy on the inner soul based on car.

My Music: It Ends Tonight - The All-American Rejects I thoroughly enjoy the All-American Rejects. I chose this song because I finished my APUSH HW tonight but this song really reminds me of middle school. Everyone loved the All-American Rejects and everyone knew all the words to this song, and Dirty Little Secret. It's a pretty good song, I just realized that it has piano in it. Way to go Allyson, you're so observant.

My Random Fact: I'm pretty sure that I'm a packrat. I keep a lot of unnecessary things, like old magazines (I have every single issue of seventeen that i've ever had) and old papers and cards and things like that. I also tend to do it with clothes, which is why I have some shirts from like the 7th grade and stuff. I think it's because I have this fear that I'll need them again, and if I throw them out, I won't have them. I should probably learn to let go, it'll clear up some space in my room and my closet. Oh and I found out that my mom reads my blog, so Hi Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post Allyson!
    The car analysis was interesting to read bud!
    :]

    Keep more coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also think that silver cars tend to let people blend in, because its probably the most common car color. but a steely grey is a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, my daughter. A car does not make a person. I know, kinda philosophical...kinda mom-ish. My first car was a volvo and now I have a porsche. What does that mean? Nada. Now keep your room clean! Keep the blog coming!

    ReplyDelete