Monday, July 20, 2009

SPECIAL EDITON: My Body Is A Cage

THEATRE WORKSHOP

My summer at theatre workshop was the best ever. I had so much fun and had so many good times with everyone there. For those of you who live in a cave, Theatre Workshop is a thing run by Michael Lushington that I've been going to since the 4th grade. He is basically my hero. It's basically a drama camp but it's so much more, we all just care for each other so much and the just being there makes you happy.

Our show was amazing, and I had a blast doing it. Between Nick's Michael Jackson's impression to "Tutti Frutti alright" to "Amazon of small proportions" and of course "No Foundation. All the way, down the line". And of course all the booze.

THE VARKERS

The Varkers were the High School group there. Our actual name is The Aardvarks but it was shortened to Varkers. We are amazing. Let me tell you just how amazing we are.
VARKERS:
Mary Rebecca Love: Mary is a genius. I love Mary so much, we've been friends since 2nd grade and that basically explains a lot. She played a man in our play and she did a darn good job of it. Her parachute pants were great and her Juicy Coture Lotion that all the girls would use every morning. Playing UNO was fun and all the booze she brought in for the bar. I love mary Love.
Johnna Joy Murch: Johnna is amazing. We've been friends since I was in 7th grade and she was in 6th. Johnna also played a man, and a woman, and a man. haha. She wears amazing T Shirts with boxer shorts and absolutely can not spin. Johnna is just great.
Nicolas Adam Sears: Nick is my soulmate. We almost always get each other's jokes, even the bad ones. We also get our random references to movies that no one else guesses. Nick's a good sport, he put up with Mary and Johnna's obsession with his butt. He also put up with me being really mean to him while playing Uno. Nick's car smells like pickles.
Zachary Ellis Rice: Zach is pretty cool. He plays an amazing Kit Carson not to mention a pretty cool Dudley Raoul Bostwick. He also did very well with Mary and Johnna constantly begging him for lap dances. haha. Zach hates it when me and caitlin sing vanessa carlton but i think he secretly loves singing to avril lavigne.
Erin "GINA" Sullivan: Erin is great. I had to catch her a bunch of times during the play for some reason or another. She wears her hair the same way every time and Laurie the dance teacher keeps calling her Gina, so we all started calling her Gina. I just find that funny.
Clarice somethingidontknow Velardo: Clarice is a tooth that resides in Mary's mouth. Clarice is really sweet and has her own light, it's called the "Clarice light". She has funny tan lines and hates her phone. Clarice also has a child named RockyTalk.
Caitlin THEARAB Lushington: Caitlin as the Arab made my day every day. Just the way her mouth frowned was great. "NO FOUNDATION" I also enjoyed figuring out what pattern her shorts were red with blue diamonds, or blue with red circles, we'll never know. Running lights with Caitlin was also fun and I'm the only one who knew her name. "Hiya Mahmed"
Jordan thegoldensnitch Mackey: I actually didn't talk to Jordan that much, even though we had a lot of lines together, but he's pretty cool. He always wears large amounts of yellow and is a beast when it comes to steal the bacon. We decided that if we ever play muggle quiddich Jordan will be the golden Snitch. Jordan is pretty great, he always seems to brighten things up.
Monica Ammerman: I love Monica, she's like the nicest person ever. She is also very beastly when it comes to steal the bacon and also fox and hound tag. I loved throwing her out every single day as Blick and she would come to me and say "throw me harder". I felt so bad for her in that wool coat as McCarthy but she took it like a man. Monica is basically really awesome.
Julia Wehe: Julia was an amazing paperboy. Her singing was amazing when she sang the irish song as the greek boy, and who can ever forget her as Nick's mother. "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH NICKY". Julia was just great.
Mac Hughes: Mac was very lovely to have around. My favorite time was when she played the nurse with hello kitty bandaids during improv. Mac plays a great prostitute (don't take that the wrong way) and she drinks only ONE shot as Mary L. She also taught us never to eat jalepeno chips right before a show because you will get heartburn.

I basically love all the Varkers, and we are going to have a Varker reunion day sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. when i played a thousand miles on the piano, zach said he loved me.
    haha well it seems like you had a great time at theatre!

    ReplyDelete